
We had our first mini-ICE STORM this week. It actually was a pretty bad storm. Over 1 million people lost their power. We were very blessed to never lose our power.
In Arizona, we never saw anything like this! The Ice completely covers every branch of every tree!

By the end of the storm we had between 1/4 and 1/2 inch of ICE on everything. The ICE makes all of the branches on the trees really heavy, and the branches start sagging to the ground.
Even though it is annoying to have ICE everywhere, it looks really cool!

There are (were) a couple of huge pine trees right behind our townhouse. If the ice makes the branches too heavy, say TIMBER!
One of the big pine trees split right in half and crashed to the ground.
It looks beautiful to drive around town! All of the trees are covered in glistening white! The crazy thing is that the ice also completely covers the power lines.
Once it starts warming up, you have to be careful when you are walking or driving underneath the power lines or the trees because the ice starts to fall in big chunks. When it falls from that high, it can hurt!
7 comments:
jason experienced ice storms on his mission (SD) and he said they are so cool because it makes everything look new and clean. cool pictures. oh, and i love your clever idea for the martini mixer. i feel really smart when i think of alternative uses for household items. :)
These ice storms were crazy! Never seen anything like them. I've enjoyed getting to know you. We need to get together more often next semester. Merry Christmas!
great pics! HOpe you guys made it home alright and in time to enjoy your dad's bday! Have a great Christmas!
Oh man...what can I say about ice storms? I guess that we're just plagued by them as 2nd year law students! They certainly make everything so beautiful and cool to look at though! I'm just glad that you guys never lost power! We were without ours for 5 days (technically only 2 if you don't count the days that we went and stayed at a hotel)! I can't wait to see you guys!
Great pictures! I'm so glad you kept your power - I was thinking about you guys when I heard about the big blackout. We're excited to see you soon!
I didn't know you guys were in Kansas--I'm glad you've survived the ice storms. Crazy. It was fun to see your beautiful family in 5th ward while in Snowflake-
Post a Comment