Sunday, September 30, 2007
Homeschooling
Well, as an update to a previous post, we are now homeschooling Michayla. It is going really well. We found a curriculem we really like, and I love that she gets to practice music every day and also learn spanish (which is good for me too!) I dont think this is a permanent thing, but we will just have to see how it goes, and how she does. We do about 2-3 hours of bookwork a day, with art, and science in the afternoon on most days (when Allyson is asleep), and something active for PE, sometime throughout the day. I never pictured myself homeschooling, but I actually really like it.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Our Growing Family
4 comments:
I'm sooo glad to see new posts! Awesome. And super cool that you're homeschooling. I thought I really wanted to, but now that I'm doing joy school, I really don't want to. Joy school is enough for me. And, Lance pretty much hates being home. O.K., not home, but he's so bored and loves, LOVES being with other people. He really needs to learn to interact appropriately, so this is really good for him. I would love to home school, I think it's good all around, we'll see. I commend you for doing this! You're the best!
Love, V
Way to go, Michelle!
I really want to see if I can swing it when the kids get older/ready for that. Right now, Ryan is suffering seriously from lack of social time with kids his age :P And since we're not in a great neighborhood, Joy School is sadly not an option :( :(
What curriculum did you find? What does Blake do during her school? You ARE superwoman!
Totally impressive! I'm sure that you are loving the time with Michayla, but I think that it would drive me crazy trying to balance that in. I just don't know how you find the time!
Wow...I always look up to Moms that do that. Don't think I'll ever be one of them... You're awesome!
Post a Comment