If you have not heard yet, I found out yesterday that I passed the bar! It was the most nerve-racking experience of my life (opening the results was even worse than taking the exam). I'm not sure why I was sooo nervous, but I was. I was pretty sure I "should" pass, but I had convinced myself I could find a way to blow it. The second I opened the PDF document--which is just a list of names of everybody who passed--my heart immediately started to pound about an inch out of my chest. I don't think I took a breath for like 2 minutes, and I scrolled down as slowly as possible. I even made Michelle and the kids leave the room before I got my results so that I could discover my fate in private (just in case it was bad news and I had an embarrassing melt down). I cannot even explain the relief I felt when I saw my beautiful name on that list. (I never thought I would consider my name beautiful)
I want to thank everybody who prayed for me and supported me and my family during the last 3 1/2 years. I am so thankful to be surrounded by such wonderful family and friends. I especially want to thank Michelle and my amazing children. I could never have done it without them.
Now, I get to take the Kansas bar in February. It won't be nearly as stressful though because I only have to take the essay portion, and even if I don't pass, I'm still a licensed attorney and I still have my job!!!
18 comments:
Congratulations! It has to be a GREAT feeling knowing that all your hard work paid off! Good Luck with all you do! The kids and I may come and visit you all next summer! That is if you are home! :)
Yay!!! Congratulations! What a relief to see your name (of course you'd pass) :) We need to head your way for a visit soon!!!
Dear Utah,
Kansas and Missouri already have their results. Please hurry!
-Anxious Wife
P.S. Congrats Brent
That is wonderful news! We are so excited for you! Wow! I can't even imagine who stressful that must have been on all of you...We miss you guys and wish you the best on your next exam:-)
Congrats!! We are so excited for you guys...not that we ever had any doubt!! ;)
Amazing. Congrats.
Yay! Congrats to you! What a relief to be on to the next phase of life! No more school!?!
We had no doubts! But congrats to both of you! I know that it is definately a relief to all involved. And hopefully it will help you feel more confident about the next one, which I'm so sorry that you're having to take more than one!
Woo hoo! Good job Brent!
Congratulations! I'm so excited for you! What wonderful news. :)
Congrats Brent! We are so happy for you!
Congrats! We knew you'd do it!
YEA!!! WE knew that you could do it! Breath deep and enjoy life! Love you all!
congrats Brent! We are so happy for you! Good luck with work and everything!
christensens
You passed the BAR!? That is great news! It's hard to believe that it's been 3 1/2 years since you guys started your Law School journey! I bet it feels GREAT to be DONE!
Congrats!! That's great!
Congrats buddy! You would rock that...
Congrats brother. I love it when husbands post what's happening in their lives. You are such a great man. I love you so much!
Jules
Post a Comment