Sunday, April 5, 2009

Ally turns 3!

I really cant believe that my baby is 3!!! We had Allyson when Blake was 2, and I had Blake when Michayla was 17 months:), so needless to say, this is a new thing for me to have a three year old and have her be the baby. She is definately spoiled like a last child, and I supposed she will be until the Lord determines its time for us to have another:) Here are pictures from her birthday. I love you Allyson!

This picture actually looks a LOT like me as a little girl. I had long hair and long bangs, but it was more when I was 5ish I think.


Ally was very specific about her cake this year:) A purple horse with purple and white hair, and a pink hacka more bridal. I'm a little nervous for what she might ask for next. This was a little above my leauge already:)
We were really lucky to have Poppy Rod in town, and he gave Allyson a big stuffed horse that she's been carrying around all the time. We gave her a bike that she still has yet to be interested in. The facination with horses continues.
That day we took all the kids to the Oak Park mall in Overland Park, Kansas that has a 2 story Carosel that Allyson loves. Its as close as we get to riding horses out hear.
We sure love this little mischevious, horse fanatic! She keeps us laughing and entertained all day long. She loves to sing and dance, and play with anyone who will play horses with her. Happy Belated Birthday Ally!



10 comments:

BLStradling said...

I can't believe she is 3 either! The cake is great. Hope all is well with you and yours!

Mary said...

HAPPY BIRTHDAY ALLISON! So crazy how fast time flies. Where did the baby stage go? Love the cake. Too cute! Tell Allison Happy Birthday from the Watkins!

Ina & co. said...

Happy Birthday Allison!!! So cute! I love the horse cake. :) And we were at that mall yesterday!

Amy said...

Happy Birthday Ally! 3 is so fun! Nice job on the cake!!!

Kendra said...

I love the cake and wish that we could come over and play horses with her! I love her consistent obsession. What a fun girl!

Durfee Family said...

What a great job you did on that cake! It was beautiful! I used to make *cutup* cakes for my girls. My mom started the tradition! I don't do it so much anymore! Your cake looked so awesome!

I'm sure Allie had the best of birthdays getting exactly the cake she wished for!

Hope everything else is going great for you!

Kristy said...

Wow, our babies are groiwng up way too fast! I can't believe that Melanie will be 3 in a few months too! So happy birthday to Ally! And nice job on the cake! I don't think that I would have even attempted to make a horse. I think that my mom has made all of my girls' nice birthday cakes. Anything that I make for them is just a plain cake...no decorations. But she's a cutie! And it's too funny that she loves horses so much. She's so much like her mommy!
And we now have a nice new double-decker carousel at the Superstition Mall. The only problem is that it costs a stinkin' $3 to ride it! Oh well, guess you got to make those little ones happy every once in a while.

Sarah said...

I am impressed with your cake making skills! What a fun and memorable birthday.

Jennifer said...

WOW! Nice cake!

Happy Birthday Allyson!

Tanya Leigh said...

We feel lots the same about having Shyre be the youngest, this "old". Happy birthday to Ally! *that cake rocks!*

Our Growing Family

Our Growing Family