Sunday, November 11, 2007

Jack-O-Lanterns

These are the pumpkins that we picked from the pumpkin patch to make Jack-O-Lanterns. Each of the kids picked their own pumpkin, and chose how to carve it. We also got one big one for the family.









I (Brent) helped do Blake's pumpkin & the family Jack-O-Lantern. Michayla chose the pattern for this pumpkin and I tried my best to make it work (I actually messed it up pretty bad)






Michayla wanted to carve a witch into her pumpkin. This one turned out pretty good (because Michelle did it)




You're going to have to use your imagination on this one. Believe it or not, that is a spider. Blake really wanted a spider, and it was hard to do on this small pumpkin. I actually broke off 2 of the legs and had to try to fix it with toothpicks.




Here's the family Jack-O-Lantern. We finished all of the pumpkins and then left them on our front porch to rot for 2 weeks. We finally threw them away yesterday!






2 comments:

Kristy said...

Awesome! The pumpkins look great! Ours is still sitting on our porch and isn't going to get carved. But I certainly don't miss how quickly they rot out east! Yikes! Talk about nasty pumpkins!

Karolyn said...

those look AMAZING!!!! Nice work!

Our Growing Family

Our Growing Family