My cousin Mindy tagged me, so I am going to tell you 8 random things about me. I dont usually do these, but since its been an eternity since I posted, I figured it was time.
1. I am Mexican. Ok, so along with this goes the fact the I am adopted. I was adopted when I was 5 months old. This also explains why I am a HUGE adoption supporter. Someday I hope to work in the field.
2. I did 4-H as a kid. Thats right, completely against my will I took 4 pigs and 6 steers to the Navajo County fair. Great money, but boy was I stubborn about doing the work. My poor dad who had to put up with me!
3. I LOVE to learn new instruments. My list is not very long, but it includes piano, flute, oboe, guitar, and of course and most importantly, the recorder. Next on my list is the harp. Might as well shoot for the stars, right?
4. My favorite thing to watch on TV.......the weather channel. I'm actually watching it right now. Can you way weirdo? Of course, I didnt do this before I moved to Kansas. Hopefully I grow out of it when i dont need to worry about the storms any more.
5. I dont like to be on the computer for more than an hour or so. I get bored.
6. I am a sleeper. I need 7-10 hrs a night, depending on my activity during the day. If I dont get it, boy watch out!
7. I have turned into a pet person. I think if I had my choice, we would have lots of pets. Right now, we just have 3 fish, and a dog, who I LOVE. I want a cat, and I think it would be fun to have a rabbit, and a pony. Boy, I sure dont have any future plans, do I?
8. I dont like the ocean. Our poor kids. Neither does Brent. We are lake people. I like looking at the ocean, playing on the beach, and sitting in the sun, but I have no desire whatsoever to swim in the ocean. Although, the Carribean was awesome, since I could see what was swimming around me, and it was crystal clear and white sand.....that I dont mind:) However, I dont think trips to the ocean will be a family favorite for us.
13 comments:
I didn't know you were 5 months old when you were adopted! To think, I've know you my whole life and didn't know that!
Good to hear from you!
I didn't know you were adopted either, but we just adopted a baby boy, and he is a sweetheart! I am an avid supporter of adoption too. Great to learn more about you. And, only one more year for our husbands to go, (right???)
brandi
I'm with you on the sleep thing. I wish I got 10 hours! Poor Ren. I'm always cranky. I want a cat too, but Ren's allergic. :(
Fun posts! I enjoyed reading it!!! You're an amazing person!...even if you don't love the ocean! :)
What a fun list! I'm a big supporter of adoption too. It's a great cause. I think it's so neat that you're Mexican and kind of funny since you're skin is so Light! Haha! Must be the Kansas sun. It sucked all my color out too. ;)
We are considering getting a dog...do you have a Golden Retriever or a Yellow Lab?? How is she?
Thanks for responding to that tag! I learned a lot about you! Funny how you can see someone on a fairly regular basis and still not know them at all!
I wish I was a sleeper - I have the desire, but my night-owl side always wins over :P not good. I love your instruments list! Coy teases me about my outlandish ambitions ;) But it's fun just the same!
And I thought I knew so much about you! My advise: skip the cat, but get a rabbit! We love ours!
What - NO Beach? I guess I don't really like to swim in the ocean either. But I love the salty air, the sand and breezes! I LOVE the beach! It just screams relax to me!
It was fun learning more about you! I know you will accomplish that Harp!
Love, Diane
Hey! We will be going up to Snowflake for the 24th Celebration, but if you want to get together down here that would be fun too. You can come see the old condo if you want...we can play games tomorrow night or something, whatever. Let me know!
Michelle, thanks for your nice comment! :) He just turned 5 actually, but has been drawing for a couple years now. Anyway, about the reunion, yes, I'd love to stay with you if we make it back there. I'd love to go since I didn't make it back to the 5-year. What month will it be, do you know? Brian graduates in June and who knows what are plans will be then. We'll see. Thanks for the offer to stay with you! :) Can't wait to see you soon. Yes, we will be here for christmas! Orlando is about 2 hours away from us and we want to go to disney world anyway, so we can meet you there! Let's talk and make some firm plans!
Hey Michelle--So fun to learn new things about you. How has your summer been? We've had a ton of fun. We are coming back to Topeka in a week and a half. I miss you all! Can't wait to see you. I can't believe you guys are in your last year of law school. I don't know what we'll do when you leave. :( Let's get together more often!
Hey Brent and Michelle...its Vanessa (Webb) Rubalcava. I just wanted to say hi and tell you that it was good to see you both at the reunion. I hope the drive home was good!
Hey Michelle, What a cute family you guys have. And yes, I do know who you are. I'm from Snowflake too, Meg is my sister(that should explain all of the Snowflake connections), and Rusty is my husband's cousin. I actually went to school with Brent's brother Jeremy. That's so awesome that you met the Oneil's. They are some of our favorite people.
Post a Comment