Monday, June 9, 2008

My dear uncle

I thought this was a great short video that sums up my uncle very well. He was an amazing man. I really cant believe he is gone. I dont know if I am going to make it back or not for his funeral, which makes me very sad. I am so grateful for the knowledge that I have that we can all be together again.

http://www.kpho.com/news/16543893/detail.html

9 comments:

Jennifer said...

It really doesn't seem real to me either...like he's on a trip and will be back soon...

Celia Marie (W.) B. said...

I'm sorry to hear about your uncle! When I saw your last message I emailed my siblings. Amanda (Mandy) wrote back,

"He was Stake President for a good share of my growing up years, and I spent a lot of time at his house between violin lessons from Celeste, having Sister Flake as a YW leader, and being friends with Travis and Tyler.

He was the jolliest fellow, and his good nature and happy spirit was passed down to a lot of his kids.

After I got married [to a Flake}, he used to give me a big side hug and tell me how happy he was to have me in the family every time he saw me. I think that he had a way of making a lot of people feel like he thought they were really special."

TheShumWAYS said...

So sorry to hear. Death is never easy. I just emailed you but now my question is answered. So was this Brandon and Mindy's dad or set me straight on which Flake it is. Again so sorry.

Ren, Anna, & Tristan said...

I heard about this and knew he was related to you, but couldn't remember how. I am sorry to hear about it. :(

Jacob & Tia Sampson said...

Our family is praying for you and your family at this difficult time. Please let us know if we can do anything for you and your family. We love you all! He sounds like he was a great man.

MelindaLou said...

Michelle, Oh I was so sorry to hear this. It just gives you such a pit in your stomach. I just can't imagine loosing any of my Uncles. I too am so greatful for the knowlege we have that this is not the end. And that he will be reunited with other members of his family. My love and prayers are with you and the rest of the family.

Amanda said...

Michelle,

I'm so sorry for your loss. My mom called and told me the news last night. This article did a wonderful job of describing what a great man that he was. I know I was little when we moved, but I've always remembered his loving smile. They didn't mention that.

Our family will be praying for yours during this time. How thankful we all are for our knowledge of this gospel.

Karolyn said...

wow-he sounds like an amazing and very influential man. I didn't know you had famous people in your ancestry! Our prayers are with you and your family during this time.

Unknown said...

I was so sad to hear this news. What a great man! He will always be remembered!

Our Growing Family

Our Growing Family