Tuesday, March 9, 2010

Basketball season comes to an end

Blake and Michayla both played basketball this year. Brent coached Blakes team, and Michayla played with her friend Kallie, with her mom Kate as the assistant coach. It was so fun to watch them get better as the season went on.

This is our 3 legged picture of the kids their last game. We started B-ball in Novemeber, so its been quite the season, with practices once a week, and a game almost every Saturday (except when the weather was too crazy).
Basketball is close to my heart, and I really surprized myself at how into it I would get! Now I understand those parents who sit in the crowd and yell and the kids....you only yell so that they can hear you!!! Brent and I both had to tell ourselves frequently "it's just a game" "they're still young" and whatever else would help us to shut our mouths and enjoy watching our kids learn a sport! We had a good time. I think they both want to play again next year.


I wasnt able to get any of the shots that either of them made on film.....bummer....but they did make a few! Here's one of Blake that he didnt make:)

1 comment:

Amy said...

Wow, this post brought back some fun memories of playing city-league basketball on Uncle Steve's teams!

Our Growing Family

Our Growing Family