Friday, November 28, 2008

The seasons have changed......



There is nothing more beautiful than a sunny day in the fall here in the midwest. I absolutely LOVE all of the different colors of leaves and different kinds of trees. We went on a leaf hunt, and make some crafts with our findings. I counted at least 12 different kinds of leaves that we collected, and ALMOST that many colors!




We have this tree in front of our house that lost its leaves all in a matter of about 2 days. We had a big party raking up the leaves. The pile was bigger than Allysons head!

10 comments:

Anonymous said...

I wish I could be there playing with them. I miss you guys so much. I can't wait till I see you guys again

Kendra said...

I love the fall weather and the fall leaves. It is so refreshing after a warm summer - and it is a beautiful reminder that the holidays are approaching. I love that you made crafts and went hunting for different kinds of leaves. How fun! Raking leaves and playing in them - classic memories. I'm glad that you took pictures. LOVE YOU!!! We can't WAIT to see you guys soon!!!!!

TheShumWAYS said...

How fun that is! Are you guys coming home for Christmas?

Jennifer said...

Look at all those leaves! How fun!

Jacob & Tia Sampson said...

That looks like it was so much fun!

Amy said...

How fun! I'm jealous! I wish we had a "real" fall. But, it's just Summer, Summer, Winter, Summer here! Maybe we'll see you for Christmas?!

Tanya Leigh said...

Woah. 2 days? Now THAT'S fall! How fun :)

Sarah Blue said...

I made sure to collect a bunch of leaves our last fall in Topeka. I had them laminated so we could always remember the great colors. Nothing like that here in AZ.

Cute pictures of the kids. Jumping in a pile of leaves is one of life's great joys. :)

Julie Moore said...

I hadn't seen these pics. HOW CUTE! Yes--fall in Topeka is certainly my favorite time of year. It's beautiful!! All the color hues make me happy! We love your family! Jules

Greg & Anna said...

Wow! Your kids are so grown!
It's fun to reconnect!

Our Growing Family

Our Growing Family