Sunday, June 8, 2008

No camera!

Well, its been a while since we last posted, and it will be another while still. During our rainy camping trip, our camera got ruined. It was even in our tent, but ended up in a puddle, and has never worked since then. Bummer.

This summer has flown by! The kids have started swimming lessons, and they are doing great! I am so proud of them. Blake is doing Martial Arts, which really he is a natural at! Michayla is in an art class, and is doing piano. Allyson drives me crazy, but I'm trying to find ways to enjoy her:) She really is such a funny personality. Brent is driving to Kansas City everyday for his internship, which he loves. He even gets to play basketball with the partners during the day sometimes. He loves that.

I might be flying into AZ this weekend. My unlce Jake passed away this morning. He was such a great uncle, and I hope to be there so very bad! He has been in the legislature and the senate the past 10 yrs or so, and was the stake president all while I was growing up. What an example! He has two daughters close to my age, and his wife was my piano teacher. They lived just down the road from me my whole life, so as you can imagine, their house was my 2nd home. Its hard being so far away from everyone at a time like this! He was bucked off his horse just a couple weeks ago. He collapsed in his house this morning, but they dont know what it was from, since all they knew about from the horse fall was broken ribs. Anyway, sure loved him. He was a great man. I'm so grateful to have known him.

4 comments:

Blake and Breanna said...

I am so sorry to hear about your uncle. It is truly sad when people are taken too early. If you need any help with the kids let me know.

Kristy said...

So sorry to hear about your uncle. He really was a great man! It really is so hard to be so far away from family during a time like this...and I know from experience. Let me know if you will be coming because we'd love to get to see you if you could squeeze us in. Then you can hold and snuggle our new little guy all you want! Love you and miss you tons!

Carrie LaHaie said...

Your uncle really was a great man, for his family, his city, and his state. My inlaws LOVED him and I remember how kind he was to all of us growing up!! We will be praying for your family during this hard transition.

Tanya Leigh said...

Oh, I am so sorry. It's so tough being away at times like this. I hope you can make it to town. Let me know.

Our Growing Family

Our Growing Family